Thank you thank you thank you Letizia for nominating me for this award! I discovered Letizia’s blog Dutch goes Italian, and I love it. I love Italy, and it is great to see it through someone else’s eyes. Her posts are always fascinating because she goes off the beaten track and shows her readers places you might have never thought of traveling to.
With these awards I am always amazed and humbled, my little project of writing about my passion has been so rewarding, and being able to share my thoughts, recipes and stories with you makes me truly happy, and thank you all for actually reading them!
Now, on to the rules:
1. Thanking the person who nominated me, which has been done above! But thanks again Dutch Goes Italian!
2. Answer some Super Sweet Questions:
– Cookies or Cake? Both! It just depends on the day.
– Chocolate or Vanilla? Absolutely 100% Chocolate! I can’t imagine life without it.
– What is your favourite sweet treat? Hmmm, that’s a tough one. If I would have to choose just one……they’re oreos….I know, not sofisticated at all, but I love those suckers. Double Stuff=Double the fun!
- When do you crave sweet things the most? When I take naps, which is almost never, but for some reason upon waking up, I am making a beeline to the kitchen to see what sweet things I have in my cupboards.
– If you had a sweet nickname, what would it be? I guess pancake momma…..from the amount of those things I make for my daughter!
3. I need to nominate a baker’s dozen (13)……wow! That is a lot! So I am going to bend the rules and give out 5 awards:
Things My Belly Likes : I love the way Cat writes about amazing and healthy recipes, with a good dose of humour that is infectious!
Girl in a Food Frenzy: This is probably the blog I can’t live without. Apart from some pretty amazing recipes, Alice Lau’s pictures are to die for and she is on my save cooking wavelength!
Chica Andaluza: She is a fellow expat living in Spain, but geographically different….I love her recipes, the fact that she has her own garden and that she’s crazy enough that while she renovates a house she still has time to come up with some pretty amazing recipes!
American Chef in London: Mike is the male version of me. I swear! We have the same background, and both professional expatriate chefs! His abilities in the kitchen are superb, and he has some kick ass recipes! He’s been in the blogosphere for a couple of months only, but you need to go check his site out, there was a recent post on gnocchi mac and cheese…..need I say more?
Madame Croquette: Another fellow blogger who I share my heritage with. This young lady is Colombian with recipes that are fantastic! I always love reading her posts, and her super ideas!
I am not sure if I have to do the 7 things about me……so I will do them anyway:
1. I don’t like food made with squid ink. Yes, I know it’s delicious, but something THAT BLACK in food….it’s just not appetizing to me. And, your teeth look funny when you’re done eating!
2. I changed my major 4 times in college. Business to Architecture to Biology to finally settling in Art History.
3. I hate the feel of oil on my hands. So, working in the kitchen, that means I wash my hands CONSTANTLY.
4. I visited Spain for the first time in April 2002. Three months later, I was living here!
5. I have two dogs, Scrappy and Fita. And I talk to them. (As I’ve mentioned before.)
6. I was a mess in the kitchen until I turned 20, and had a revelation, when I made my first souffle and it came out perfect. Then I though, I really enjoy this!
7. I am a total klutz. If there is a pebble on the street, I will trip over it.
So there you go, and I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday!